After a temporary closure due to national COVID-19 measures, the Hortus has been reopened from 1 June 2020. We are very happy to be able to receive you again and let you enjoy our garden and greenhouses. In recent weeks, the Hortus - with care for staff and visitors - has been designed to ensure that your visit runs as safely as possible. Be welcome and experience the holiday feeling close to home among the tropical greenery.
But how exactly does such a visit to the Hortus work? Of course, a number of things have changed due to the virus. We want to spread visits as much as possible throughout the day to avoid rows and congestion and therefore unsafe situations. What you should take into account before your next visit is:
- Our opening hours are 10 am to 6 pm. The Tropical Greenhouse is open from 11 am to 6 pm. The side wings of the Tropical Greenhouse are closed.
- You can choose from two walking routes that are indicated on the map.
- Do you use public transport when visiting the Hortus? Buy a ticket for the Hortus from 10 a.m. and no later than 2 p.m., so as not to burden public transport during rush hours. Avoid public transport when possible. More information regarding parking can be found here.
- Only visit our garden when you feel healthy. So none of the following complaints in the past 24 hours: a cold, runny nose, sore throat, mild cough or temperature increase.
- The storage lockers are temporarily closed. It is therefore not possible to store luggage.
- In the Hortus Grand Café and the shop you can only pay by card.
- The toilets in the Winter Garden are not accessible, visitors can only use the toilet in Orangery and Garden House. The toilets of the Observatory Visitor Center are also closed (the Observatory Visitor Center is closed until 1 September 2020).