How exactly does such a visit to the Hortus work? Of course, a number of things have changed due to the virus. We want to spread visits as much as possible throughout the day to avoid rows and congestion and therefore unsafe situations.
Please note: as a result of new corona measures, we will be closed to public for two weeks from Thursday 5 November. We hope to open again on Thursday 19 November so you can visit for the garden or greenhouses.
The following rules still apply on Wednesday 4 November:
- Reservation for your visit is necessary - also for Museum card (Museumkaart) holders and Friends of the Hortus.
Individual visitors to the Hortus need to book a time slot. This also applies to Museum card (Museumkaart) holders. There is always room for Friends of the Hortus, but do reserve your ticket in advance because of corona contact research. Book your ticket here.
- In addition to online reservations, it is also possible to book at the cash desk or by telephone (+31 071-5277249). Reservation on the day itself is only possible if the time slot is not yet full.
- In accordance with policy of the National Institute for Public Health and the Environment, it is mandatory to wear a mouth mask while visiting our indoor areas (Winter garden and Tropical greenhouse). The Hortus Grand Café is temporarily closed, but will change into a to-go location.
- Our opening hours are daily, from 10 am to 6 pm (note: from November 1 from Tuesday to Friday only, from 10 am to 4 pm). The Tropical Greenhouse is open from 11 am to 6 pm (from November 1 the Tropical Greenhouse is open to 4 pm). The side wings of the Tropical Greenhouse are closed.
- You can choose from two walking routes that are indicated in the garden.
- The 1.5-metre rule continue to apply.
- Only visit our garden when you feel healthy. So none of the following complaints in the past 24 hours: a cold, runny nose, sore throat, mild cough or temperature increase.
- Do you use public transport when visiting the Hortus? Buy a ticket for the Hortus from 10 a.m. and no later than 2 p.m., so as not to burden public transport during rush hours. Avoid public transport when possible. More information regarding parking can be found here.
- Group visits do not exceed 4 people or 1 household.
- Guided tours / visits with larger groups are temporarily no longer possible.
- It is possible to store personal luggage in the storage lockers in the Winter garden (entrance area).
- The Hortus Grand Café is temporarily closed. A to-go location will be opened from Thursday 15 October.
- Visitors can only use the toilets in the Winter Garden and the Tuinhuis.
- The Orangery will close until spring 2021. We will continue to rent out the 'Tuinkamer'.